Learn to manage your stress
QUICK TACTIC TO REDUCE STRESS
- Slow, 5 minutes deep breath helps in lowering blood pressure and heart rate thereby reducing stress
- Listen to your favourite music
- Quick walk
- Search for sun
- Give yourself massage and relax yourself
- Count backward
- Rub your feet over a golf ball
Good workout means sufficient sleep and sufficient sleep means better stress hit. Group of people who exercise gets better deep sleep which helps to refresh brain and body. Exercise also helps to keep your mood good as it stimulates body to release number of hormones like endorphins and improve sleep. Individual who exercise daily also feel less anxious, more positive and confident about themselves.
Apart from exercise take minimum efforts to be active (For e.g. 🙂
- Walk instead of drive to nearby store
- Use stairs instead of lift
- Park vehicle as far as possible from home
- Frequently clean your home
Eat BIG, it also plays an important role in reducing stress level.
- Look for complex carbohydrates, lean protein and fatty acids found in fish, meat, eggs and nuts.
- Go for anti-oxidants: beans, fruits, berries, vegetables, and spices such as ginger.
- Stay back from processed foods. Try not to eat mindlessly
- Include foods rich in Vit C, magnesium, omega-3-fatty acids
- Dark chocolates can also be included
Major side-effect of stress is that you may struggle to fall asleep and if this happens three times a week for at least 3 months, you may have insomnia (inability to fall asleep).Lack of sleep may increase the stress level.
Keys to sleep better:
- Daily workout
- Drink less alcohol and caffeine before sleep time
- Set a sleep schedule
- Don’t look into electronics (mobile or TV) 30-60 minutes before bed
- Hygiene of the bedroom is also important
- Room should be dark, quiet and cool to stay asleep
- Mattress should also provide support, space and most of all comfort