Indian summer drinks to make a shield on you for protection from heat
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup warm water.
- On a tava, lightly roast cumin seeds. Grind with black salt.
- Put rest of the water to boil with ground cumin and black salt, mint, chillies and a little salt if necessary.
- Squeeze out tamarind pulp, and throw away seeds.
- Mix tamarind pulp and water with jeera water. Boil for about 5 mins.
- Cool. Strain through cloth or fine strainer. Chill.
- If desired, add a few pieces of chopped cucumber before serving.
Sabza Buttermilk or Lassi
- Soak 2 tbsp sabza seeds for 20 min
- Grind curd by adding a pinch of cinnamon powder and salt or sugar(optional)
- Pour the soaked sabza seed water to grinded curd
- Refrigerate and drink
- Add 1 tsp. of wheat grass powder to 300ml of water.
- Grind by adding an apple
- After grinding, pass it through strainer and drink
Raw Mango Drink
- Take 4-5 medium size raw mangoes and boil till the skin gets peel off
- Squeeze all the mangoes to take out the juice
- Strain well, put some sugar (optional) and drink
MILK is also better for rehydration and also for countering dehydration than water. It contains a natural blend of good quality carbs, proteins and sodium that helps your body retain fluids.
Detoxifying beverages have shown their great importance in day to day life and are highly recommended for fitness lovers.